What are lines that I can add to a batch file to make it run silently (so it can only be seen in task manager) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a cpu miner that I would like to run on my computer without having to minimize it myself or see it in the taskbar. How can I run the batch file so it isn't visible unless you know where to look?
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:28 AM

Answers

• From PowerShell, you can use the Start-Process cmdlet with the "-WindowStyle Hidden" parameter.  If you prefer VBScript, you can accomplish the same thing with WshShell.Run (passing a value of 0 to the intWindowStyle parameter.)

I'm not aware of a way to do this from the old command line, or via a shortcut.  They both give you options to launch a program minimized, but not hidden.

Edit:  I should say, I'm not aware of a way to do this without a third-party utility.  There are tools out there that would allow you to launch a process in a hidden window from a batch file, if you choose to download them. One is called hstart.exe , and it has a /NOCONSOLE switch.
    • Edited by David Wyatt Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:23 PM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:34 AM