none
Visual Studio Express Edition ans SQL Server Express edition for Commercial Use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, This is my first post on this forum and I beg your pardon if I make any mistakes in my first question.

I want to know whether I can use Visual Studio 2010 Express edition SP1 Tools (Microsoft Visual c#2010 Express, Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express) for commercial and production purposes?

I have gone through a lot of answers on Internet and also read the Licencing terms and conditions and found no problem in commercial and production development. But the more I dig into this regard to stay on a safe side, the more I get confused. Microsoft connect suggested to post the query here to get best answers.

I am looking for small scale development and I would like to know about licensing terms for following development and production processes:

1. A client visits and demands for a software or website. If I plan to develop using express edition environment, and then compile it using Advance Installer tool, is it legal to provide that copy to the client for use in his commercial environment? Do I need to purchase any paid license for this or will the free registration be sufficient?

2. I plan to develop my own tool/software and sell it in the market labelled with my company name as producing company. Do I need to purchase any paid license for this or will the free registration be sufficient?

3. If I provide the exe file downloaded from Microsoft for SQL Server 2008 R2 express edition along with SQL Management Studio express edition which client can install in his commercial environment for database connectivity, Do I need to purchase any paid license for this or will the free registration be sufficient?

Kindly reply. You support is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Friday, January 20, 2017 6:04 AM