none
How to set up email addresses.

Question

• Hi there,

New to all this!

Just a question about Exchange EAC.

I have two users with individual email accounts that also share another email account.

When they send from the shared account, it goes out as that account but when the replies come in they go to their own personal accounts. Anybody know what is happening?

I want them both to be able to send from the 'shared account' and receive replies back to the shared account.

Also, one of the users isn't seeing the all same emails as the other when looking at the shared account?

They are both currently set up to 'Send on behalf of'

Any help understanding this would be much appreciated.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:16 PM

Answers

• They have a shared mailbox, and are configured to send on behalf of that mailbox?  Are they checking the From address to be sure it shows the shared mailbox as the "Send from" address when they send from it?

As for them seeing different information in the mailbox, are they both caching that mailbox in their Outlook profile?  (Is Outlook configured to "Download shared folders"?) If so, one person's cache isn't seeing the changes the other makes until both local caches are updated.

If I don't have this right, let us know, and we'll see if we can get you the correct response.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:33 PM

All replies

• They have a shared mailbox, and are configured to send on behalf of that mailbox?  Are they checking the From address to be sure it shows the shared mailbox as the "Send from" address when they send from it?

As for them seeing different information in the mailbox, are they both caching that mailbox in their Outlook profile?  (Is Outlook configured to "Download shared folders"?) If so, one person's cache isn't seeing the changes the other makes until both local caches are updated.

If I don't have this right, let us know, and we'll see if we can get you the correct response.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, please notice below normal behavior:
    Send as Permission: A have send as permission for B.
    B can send message as A, A will display as Sender. If recipient reply message, A is the recipient.

Send on behalf: A have send on behalf permission for B.
    B can send message on behalf of A, B will display as Sender. The message will display "B on behalf of A", B is the recipient if reply message.

For your reference: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13912.how-to-give-send-as-and-send-on-behalf-permission-on-a-distribution-group-in-exchange-2010.aspx

Therefore, I recommend configure Send AS permission instead of Send on Behalf to achieve your expectation.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:49 AM