DirectAccess UAG, ISP failover RRS feed

• Question

• I have two ISPs and would like my DirectAccess UAG server to be able to failover from one to the other. Is it possible to configure the UAG server to use both ISPs for 6to4 and IPHTTPS, and is it possible to configure the client to failover to secondary addresses if the primary doesn't respond?

Friday, April 16, 2010 7:55 AM

Answers

• No, not at this time, because the IP addresses for the IPsec tunnels are hard-coded into the client. However, you might be able to use some routing tricks to make this work. However, these "tricks" are untested and probably would fall outside of support boundaries.

HTH,

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    Friday, April 16, 2010 1:18 PM

All replies

• No, not at this time, because the IP addresses for the IPsec tunnels are hard-coded into the client. However, you might be able to use some routing tricks to make this work. However, these "tricks" are untested and probably would fall outside of support boundaries.

HTH,

Tom

Friday, April 16, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Okay, thanks.

Something one might hope for in the next version?

Friday, April 16, 2010 1:20 PM
  • I think it's something definitely worth considerating, since we hope that this becomes a very high profile service for which all the company's employees are going to depend upon - so ISP failover would be an important consideration.

Tom

Friday, April 16, 2010 1:25 PM