none
Insufficient Data-MAP 9.2 RRS feed

• Question

• hello all

I have a question, why I receive this messages in the inventory in client if some have the port WMI open.

Hugo Monge

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:13 PM

All replies

• Check the firewall and if the User has administrator permission on the machines.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1644.microsoft-assessment-and-planning-toolkit-inventory-status-messages.aspx

Lucas Simoes Rezende MCP, MCTS , ITIL V3

Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:31 PM
  • But in that link does not say any thing about Insufficient Data. Many erros but not that one
    Friday, March 31, 2017 5:52 PM
  • Hi there,

it is insufficient data as you weren't able to scan the client/server. if you are able to resolve the failing reason, then you'll be able to see the data about current OS & service pack.

the first thing that you need to do is to be sure that you are using the domain admin credentials which is having ultimate permission to access all these clients/servers, this is on the ones having "Failed - Access Denied". once you are having domain admin, try scanning again and i'm pretty sure that you'll get many scanned.

if this didn't work, then you need to check whether the firewall is On at the clients/servers, this is a popular reason behind failed scan. you can disable the firewall for the time of scan, you can do that manually or through GPO on the domain controller and you'll get 80% success rate.

please let me know if this works.

Regards,

Taleb

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:40 AM