McAfee, Boot Wims, and failed migrations RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I'm working on a migration from CM2007 to CM2012.  I'm moving an OSD Task Sequence, and when I do, it tries to move the Boot image assigned to it.  At that point it fails, as it can't update the Boot Wims.  THe migmctrl.log file tells me that:

[Worker]: Configuration Manager Provider error details: Description = Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file

So, I did a little digging and discovered that my new CM2012 install never created it's default boot wims either.  So I dug more.

I discovered that McAfee is the bane of my existence. 

If I disable McAfee, I think all will be well.  By disabling, I was able to create and import boot wim files without a problem.  But I can't leave it disabled.  I need to figure out the exceptions required so McAfee can co-exist on my CM2012 primary.

Does anyone have any guidance on what directories/processes etc need to be exempted from McAfee so 2012 can manage it's boot wims?  I have seen this blog: http://www.systemcenterblog.nl/2012/05/09/anti-virus-scan-exclusions-for-configuration-manager-2012/   which is very helpful, but I'm curious if anyone knows where SCCM does it's staging for Boot wims, etc, and what logs might point me to the specific failures I'm seeing.  Unfortunately, the migmctrl.log file doesn't really give you specifics on the failure, just that it did fail while trying to migrate. 

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:40 PM

Answers

All replies