Ribbon Missing in Emails RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

Lately when I open emails in their own window (either from Outlook itself, or from the New Mail Desktop Alert), the ribbon is missing entirely, and the minimize/expand arrow button does nothing.

Other times, I try to open a new email window and the ribbon appears, but is missing the "Message" tab, only "Insert", "Options", "Format Text" and "Review" appear. When I go to customize the ribbon in this circumstance, the box for the "Message" tab is checked - if I uncheck it and check it again, the "Message" tab re-appears. As you could imagine, this has gotten a tad irritating. Some googling I've done indicates that this issue might be occurring due to the LinkPoint CRM add-in app I have integrated into Outlook... I've uninstalled and then re-installed that app, nothing doing. I've also tried deleting the 2.4 and 2.5 registry files as a forum suggested. This also did nothing.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi, let's troubleshoot in Safe Mode, to determine if it's 3rd-party add-ins related:

Win + R, type in "outlook.exe /safe", Enter.
    If the issue doesn’t exist in Safe Mode, please disable the suspicious add-ins to test again.

Also, you may create a new profile to test again:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Regards.

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:25 PM