none
Is there a way for individual Resources to enter Estimates to Complete (ETC)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Currently, we use the Remaining Work field in MS Project as the Estimate To Complete (ETC).  I believe the Remaining Work field is calculated [Work - Actual Work = Remaining Work], but the Remaining Work value can be manually adjusted if the calculation is not truly representative of the effort needed to complete the task.  

The determination of the Remaining Work hours (ETC) is reliant on the PM's expertise.  We would like to give the individual Resources the ability to estimate the Remaining Work hours on their tasks... maybe in their Timesheets?  Is there a way to allow Resources to enter an ETC value to give the PM a better understanding of the Remaining Work hours necessary to complete the task?

Julie

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Julie,

In the timesheet page, select the "my work" view, there should be the remaining work column. In case it is not, you can add it (ensure to add it not in read only mode) to the view from the PWA server settings. Then the users will be able to enter the remaining work in addition to their actuals.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Julie,

In the timesheet page, select the "my work" view, there should be the remaining work column. In case it is not, you can add it (ensure to add it not in read only mode) to the view from the PWA server settings. Then the users will be able to enter the remaining work in addition to their actuals.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:28 PM
  • Hello Guillaume,

That works beautifully!  Thank you!

Julie

Friday, May 1, 2015 6:16 PM