word 2007 border problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with my page border because the left right and top border line shows but not the bottom when i print. i tried changing margins, size of the page , making sure that nothing is on the bottom of the page but nothing is working. when i open that document on another computer it works fine so i know its a problem with my word program. i tried changing the print setting but nothing helped. going crazy as of now because i can't figure it out. line spacing nothing really helps. it appears okay when i work on the file but when i print or hit print preview the bottom disappears. i also drew a shape or a line from top to bottom and that as well just fades on the bottom maybe 1/2 inch up from the bottom of the page in print preview. any other suggestions than the border and shading window or the margins or page size. i would really appreciate that since i am running out of hair to pull on my head.

thank you 

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:28 AM

Answers

• Based on your description, your printer isn't capable of showing the border. Most printers have a nonprinting area, which for some printers can be very large.

You have to move the border away from the page edge. Try putting it on the page margin: Click the Options button (on the Page Border tab of the Borders and Shading dialog box) and choose "Text" in the "Measure from" drop down.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:11 PM
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:20 PM