none
Bitlocker - can't save bitlocker key to Microsoft Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have issue with saving Bitlocker key to Microsoft account. Few times it was working without any issue. When I want to save bitlocker key to pendrive everything works perfect and i can encrypt my drive, but when I want to save Bitlocker key to Microsoft account i've got error everytime. I tried also another MS account on the same computer, but it's the same situation. 

My system: Windows 10 Pro 1909 compilation 18363.836

Please help me solve this issue.

I also tried on another computer with the same MS account and is the same situation.  Who can fix my MS account?

Best Regards

Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you're on local account and facing this issue, switch to Microsoft account first (using Settings app) and then follow BitLocker wizard to save the recovery key. See if that helps.

Good luck!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:29 AM
  • I'm logged in on both computers and on both is the same issue.
    Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:08 AM
  • Okay, make sure to verify your identity for Microsoft account:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-verify-your-microsoft-account-in-windows-10

Good luck again!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:27 AM
  • Account is verfied on both computers and on both is the same problem.
    Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:10 PM
  • hello,

Is it a recovery key of external drive?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, May 25, 2020 2:30 AM
  • No, for system drive (C:). On both laptops, but with the same MS account.
    Monday, May 25, 2020 7:34 AM
  • Good morning MarcinMackowiak,

The problem you mentioned may be caused by improper setting of the corresponding policy. Try to configure your computer to allow BitLocker recovery information to be saved to AD for an operating system drive.

1. Open your registry, navigate to Local Computer Polity -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> BitLocker Drive Encryption -> Operating System Drive.
    2. Click "Choose how BitLocker-protected operating system drives can be recovered". Click the Enable button, then check on Allow data recovery agent and Save BitLocker recovery information to AD DS for Operating System Drives boxes.
    3. When done, click Apply and save this change.

Hope this can help you. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:52 AM
  • Unfortunately this solution nothing change on my computer.
    Friday, May 29, 2020 2:10 AM
  • Hi  MarcinMackowiak,,

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Applications and services\Microsoft\Windows\Bitlocker)?

Refer to the link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/bitlocker/troubleshoot-bitlocker

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:26 AM
  • This link may give you some clues.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/42d85628-c957-4eef-bd6c-14ce38a44cf6/cannot-save-bitlocker-recovery-key-to-microsoft-account?forum=win10itprosecurity

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:48 AM
  • I tried it several times... no it won't work in my case.
    Friday, May 29, 2020 7:26 PM
  • Hi  MarcinMackowiak,,

For deep research on this issue,  I advise you to  open a support ticket with Microsoft. There are best resources can help you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection

Best regard,

Sylvia

10 hours 39 minutes ago