Unable to deploy more than one instance RRS feed

• Question

• We are unable to deploy with more than 1 instance because of a problem that microsoft support has yet to tell us a solution for. When we deploy more than one instance at a time one instance gets stuck initializing. Deploying 1 then changing the instance count  works fine. Locally it works fine too with any number of instances. And everything was fine for a few weeks deploying with 2 or 3 small VM's, just recently this started happening.

Now this morning I have one instance that is having a problem with connections, it was resetting connections according to my browser, then after spinning up another 2 instances now I get a service unavailable every few reloads. I've changed the instance down to 2 hoping it would kill the instance with the problem, but it doesn't seem to have fixed it. I've contacted support over an hour ago and they have not been able to tell me anything yet and have not removed the bad server from the load balancer which I would think would be the first thing to do in a situation like this so they can continue to investigate while the other instances run fine.

So far my two experiences with Azure Support have been horrible, it takes 10 minutes just to get the email to reply to send the deployment information. Then they called me back 30 minutes later saying it looked fine to them. They probably only tested one page, and got the good instance to return a page. I assumed they would know how to test azure deployments properly, but apparently that is not the case.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:01 PM

All replies

• Michael, I am an escalation engineer with the Windows Azure developer support team.  I am looking into your existing support incident right now and I will be in touch with you shortly to help resolve this issue.
    Friday, September 24, 2010 3:31 PM