exchange server ports RRS feed

• Question

• dears,

I have an exchange DAG located on one AD site with a domain controller.

I created antoher site on different subnets with a DC there and the witness server is located there too.

Im facing a problem that my exchange server is going down when i created the second site, now that i removed it it is working again.

can you advise on which ports should be opened between my exchange server and the domain controller located in the second site?

best regards

Friday, October 5, 2018 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Helpful link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/deployment-ref/network-ports?view=exchserver-2019

Best Regards,

Rafiul

Mark if the post is helpful

Friday, October 5, 2018 5:08 PM
  • dears,

I have an exchange DAG located on one AD site with a domain controller.

I created antoher site on different subnets with a DC there and the witness server is located there too.

Im facing a problem that my exchange server is going down when i created the second site, now that i removed it it is working again.

can you advise on which ports should be opened between my exchange server and the domain controller located in the second site?

best regards

All of them. Its not supported to have any port blocking between Exchange Servers and Exchange and Domain Controllers
    Friday, October 5, 2018 7:32 PM
  • Hi eg1559,

Because other Windows services may use different ports, and you can create a custom connector to use other ports, so, we don't suggest you block any ports on your server.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:10 AM
  • Hi eg1559,

Any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:54 AM