none
Attendee cannot accept change to single occurance of recurring meeting RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is an Exchange or Outlook issue. I've searched and found nothing exactly like what a couple of my users are experiencing. Here is what is happening:

Exchange Server 2007, Outlook 2010 Pro Plus, both fully up to date.

Two of my users are assigned to a project and have set up a recurring meeting that is scheduled for once every two weeks. Attendees are a mix of users who are part of my organization and users who are outside of my org. Meeting organizer, who is a member of my organization, changes the time for one occurrence of the meeting and sends out the change notification. Attendee who is part of my organization attempts to accept the time change and receives the following message:

"You received a more recent update to this meeting. This meeting request is out of date. You cannot respond to this request."

Trouble is, she has not actually received a more recent update, nor has the meeting organizer sent out a more recent change.

Any ideas what is triggering this? Neither has any delegates administering their inbox or calendars and neither is using OWA or a mobile device to schedule or accept.

Thanks

Manning

• Edited by if52 Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Manning,

How about other attendees? Do they can accept the updates normally? Is there an Exchange server 2003 coexistence with your Exchange 2007? Please restart Outlook in safe mode and try to accept the updates again.

if the issue persists, please compare the problematic user’s calendar with other attendees to confirm whether there are any differences. Also confirm whether the whole recurring meeting has been accepted by the problematic users. Another important thing is to check whether this user can see the free/busy information for other attendees in your organization.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:43 AM
  • Good Morning Winnie,

Thank you for your response.

I'll have to verify, but I think there are 14 other attendees and 13 of them are from outside of our organization. I will have one of my users ask others in the meeting and see if anybody else had problems accepting the meeting request. I can say I did not see any 'Accepted' responses coming back through our Barracuda spam filter for that meeting, but the organizer claimed it was because she did not request responses(?)

We only have Exchange 2007 in an 03/08 mixed AD domain.

Should I have the user try to accept the meeting in safe mode even though that meeting time has past, or wait for the next time this happens?? I should say that while my users are not using OWA, I did try logging into one of the affect users account using OWA and was not able to accept the updated meeting request from there either.

I'll look into the free/busy question.

I should also mention this issue is sporadic. I'll verify when exactly this happens - any meeting request, just changes to recurring meetings. etc.

Manning

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Hi Manning,

Generally, if the attendees accepted the meeting request and sent the accepted response back, the organizer can get the response then open the meeting items in Outlook, click Tracking to check the response. But it will not track if the attendee accepted with “Do Not Send a Response”.

If the meeting has been out of dates, please also have a try to troubleshoot the issue. Or you can create a new meeting request for a test.

If there is any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:12 AM
  • The affected user is in the office today and this morning she received another meeting request from the organizer to change the time for one instance of the recurring meeting. And as before she does not have any option to Accept, only Delete and then a option to remove the meeting because it is out of date. When we click that option it deletes the meeting request. However, the original recurring meeting still appears in her calendar at the original time. We can go into that meeting and change the time manually with no problem.

The meeting organizer is also in the office today and stated every other attendee can accept the time change.

Manning

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Did you find a reason this was happening and how did you finally resolve it?  I have a user experiencing this very scenario.
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Nope, no answer unfortunately. Only happened with the one recurring meeting, and only with the two original users involved.

Manning

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:28 PM