SCCM 2012 Secondary site installation state showing as "Pending" in console RRS feed

• Question

• i am trying to install first SCCM 2012 secondary server in LAB and  installation state is showing as "Pending" in console.

i checked secondary server logs and looks like it not communicting correctly with its parent 999...

Hman.log says ( 999 is my primary server site code )

"Cannot get SQL Certficate from site 999

CheckParentSQLServerCertificate.Failed to get SQL Certificate for site 999 "

sitecomp.log says  - - 

I also noticed no site control file in sitectrl.box inbox...not sure why its not there...

i checked configmgrsetup.log and it shows all sucess and no errors in that...

icould you please help me to fix the issue.

verification

Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:44 PM

Answers

• I was able to fix it by manually synch between primary and secondary(server which i had issue).

to re-synch manually between primary and secondary ...use stored procedure as shown below...I executed below command from primary database.As soon a executed below command replication started between primary and secondary and issue got fixed.

Exec spDrsSendSubscriptionInvalid 'Secondary 3 digit site code','Primary 3 digit site code','configuration data'

verification

• Marked as answer by ihaa Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:01 PM

All replies

• The site control file is now no longer stored in an inbox, but SQL database.
    Have you examined Sender.log and rcmctrl.log on both sites?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:24 PM
  • I have seen this quite a few times for me. Not sure what is causing it but the fix was rather simple for me.

The computer account is not created as a login on my primary server SQL.

So I basically just create the SQL login: CREATE LOGIN [MyDomain\MyComputer$] FROM WINDOWS;

...and add the access needed.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:04 AM
  • I was able to fix it by manually synch between primary and secondary(server which i had issue).

to re-synch manually between primary and secondary ...use stored procedure as shown below...I executed below command from primary database.As soon a executed below command replication started between primary and secondary and issue got fixed.

Exec spDrsSendSubscriptionInvalid 'Secondary 3 digit site code','Primary 3 digit site code','configuration data'

verification

• Marked as answer by ihaa Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:01 PM
  • Had the same issue.
    According to Microsoft there is a 20 Min timeout on the secondary site installation, if the installation takes longer than this you get the "pending" issue. The workaround was to install SQL beforehand and now sites install.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:47 PM
  • We've been told the same thing, but even after installing SQL Manually first, we continued to get the same problem.

The SQL Communication between the 2 sites doesn't seem to work.

I noticed that the Primary's SQL Security Account doesn't get created on Primary DB, in the Database replication the link has not yet been created either.

The "Exec spDrsSendSubscriptionInvalid 'Secondary 3 digit site code','Primary 3 digit site code','configuration data'" worked on 1 Secondary, but fails on all the rest.

Uninstalling/Installing the Secondary doesn't work either.

HMAN.LOG:

Update site server active directory informtion into DB SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER 2013/07/28 09:51:12 AM 7964 (0x1F1C)
    CheckSQLServiceRestart : SQL Service hasn't been restart since last time we check, skip it. SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER 2013/07/28 09:51:12 AM 7964 (0x1F1C)
       Time to verify if the parent['PRI-SITECODE'] sql server certificate is still valid on site ['SEC-SITECODE'] sql server. SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER 2013/07/28 09:51:12 AM 7964 (0x1F1C)
    Cannot get SQL Certificate from Site 'PRI-SITECODE'. SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER 2013/07/28 09:51:12 AM 7964 (0x1F1C)
    CheckParentSQLServerCertificate: Failed to get SQL certificate for site PM2 SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER 2013/07/28 09:51:12 AM 7964 (0x1F1C)

Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:01 AM
  • We resolved our problem!!! 

The problem was that the System was just too busy processing everything at the same time.

Looking at the Sender.log on the primary we noticed the system was only using 5 (Default)Threads.  

On the primary's Sender settings we changed the Maximum concurrent sending settings to "All Sites = 100" and "Per Site = 20"

Waited a while for the backlog to clear and then the Secondaries started to process .

When creating a new one now it goes to active in less than 30 minutes after creating it.

Helpful Status Codes: 125 = Successful, 1035 - Stalled, 1003 = Waiting for replication

Hope this helps :)

• Proposed as answer by Emile Steenkamp Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:45 PM