none
Possible Virus???

Question

• Hi recently I have been experiencing some issues with my laptop running windows 10, every time i connect to the network it kicks the other devices off of the network and then fails to connect to the internet. I have run scans, offline scans, rebuilt the OS, and still the problem is occurring. Right now I am digging a little bit into the system to see if i can find any trails of a virus but if anyone could help me out that would be awesome!!
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Twebb114,

Try downloading the free software Malwarebytes and run a scan. https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

Did you use Wi-Fi connect to network?

Is that all device will be network disconnection when the PC connect to network?

Please try to connect PC to network first, then use other devices connect to network to see if the issue still occur.

And you mentioned you rebuilt the OS but the issue still occur, if you use router, please check your router setting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Ran a malwarebytes scan inside of the OS online and then took it into safe mode and ran it again and the malwarebytes didnt find anything. Initially I thought it must be a virus probably at the deeper level of the OS because I wiped it and it still occurred but several scans mixed with some digging around havent shown anything useful yet. The answer below posted by Vera seemed to work. 
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:57 PM
  • Hi Vera this method seemed to work, I took my other devices off of the network and then put my laptop online and waited for a little bit before reconnecting my other devices and now the computers and my other devices work just fine. Is there a reason for this? could it be my router? 
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:58 PM
  • Hi,

Is that all device will be network disconnection when the PC connect to network?

Did you have another PC connect to this network?

If yes, please check if there is any event created in Event Viewer when it be network disconnection.

(Computer Management -> Event Viewer\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\WLAN-AuutoConfig\Operational) Please also check the System and Application of Event Viewer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:15 AM