SharePoint Online Search Results - Timezone Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Good Day!

SharePoint search result source created with filter Date >={Today}, will this search results retrieve and works if user in different timezone locations.

How this conditions works for different timezone users. Can anyone please explain?

Many Thanks,

Kannan

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Kannan,

The search results will go with the Region Settings in SharePoint Online classic search center.

Users are allowed to change their personal regional settings in Delve profile via > My Office Profile > Update profile > “How can I change language and regional settings?” > "Edit Details" page. Under “Language and Region”, select “Always use my personal settings” and then modify the “Time Zone” and additional settings.

The settings in user’s Delve profile will override the site-level settings if “Always use my personal settings” is selected. Please note that the changes will not take effect immediately in SharePoint Online.

Here is your reference:

Change your personal language and region settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-your-personal-language-and-region-settings-caa1fccc-bcdb-42f3-9e5b-45957647ffd7/

---

This “Microsoft Online: SharePoint Online” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:26 AM
  • Hi Kannan,

Do you have any progress on this thread?

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:32 AM
  • Hi Kannan,

This forum will be locked down, if you need further assistance with this issue, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is recommended to create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:27 AM