Unable to delete SCOM override RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking at the overrides that I've created since we deployed Operations Manager 2012 R2 last week and there is one listed that I must have created accidentally when first messing around with it.  Unfortunately it will not let me delete it.  It tells me that the Management Pack it was created in does not exist.  It lists the MP as Default Management Pack.  The error is below.  Anyone know what to do in this case?

: Verification failed with 1 errors:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Error 1:
    Found error in 2|Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser|7.1.10226.0|Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser|| with message:
    Could not load management pack [ID=Microsoft.Windows.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.8501.0]. The management pack was not found in the store.
    : An error occurred while loading management pack 545131f0-58de-1914-3a82-4fcac9100a33 from the database
    Database error. MPInfra_p_MPSelectByManagementPackId failed with exception: 
    ExecuteScalar requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.
    -------------------------------------------------------

: Could not load management pack [ID=Microsoft.Windows.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.8501.0]. The management pack was not found in the store.

: An error occurred while loading management pack 545131f0-58de-1914-3a82-4fcac9100a33 from the database
    Database error. MPInfra_p_MPSelectByManagementPackId failed with exception: 
    ExecuteScalar requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.
    : Database error. MPInfra_p_MPSelectByManagementPackId failed with exception: 

• Edited by mjans777 Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:57 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:47 PM

Answers

• Export the Management Pack - make a Backup
    Remove the Override from the XML as well as the DisplayString for it in the LanguagePack section, import the MP.

I remember having an issue like that in the past as well were the MP somehow got corrupted due to an override.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, December 2, 2013 3:42 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:43 PM

All replies