Exchange/Outlook 2010 Mail Delegation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

We're having issues with how mail delegation works in outlook 2010. When a user is delegated to an account and sends an email, the sent email is stored in the user's account and not on the account they were delegated to. Is there a way to where all emails sent from the delegated account to be stored in that account's sent items?

Thanks!

Friday, September 30, 2011 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that you would like to set all the emails from delegated account to be stored in that account’s sent items?

Just like the Vibha mentioned you could try to use the Outlook rules to achieve the goal. At the same time, I suggest you could try to use the Transport rules on the Exchange server to verify whether it worked or not.

Regards,

James
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by James Xiong Friday, October 7, 2011 1:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Friday, October 7, 2011 8:10 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:55 AM
  • I don't think its going to work Exchange way.

Try outlook rules.. probably that might work.

Friday, September 30, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• I don't think its going to work Exchange way.

Try outlook rules.. probably that might work.

Friday, September 30, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that you would like to set all the emails from delegated account to be stored in that account’s sent items?

Just like the Vibha mentioned you could try to use the Outlook rules to achieve the goal. At the same time, I suggest you could try to use the Transport rules on the Exchange server to verify whether it worked or not.

Regards,

James
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:55 AM
  • Any Update?

James

Friday, October 7, 2011 8:10 AM