none
Exchange 2007 free/busy sync functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm currently supporting an environment which has both exchange 2007 and 2010. all user mailboxes are on 2007, and shared mailboxes 2010. the issue that some users have is this:
    Person A shares their calendar, Person B makes changes while person C is viewing the calendar. Person C doesnt see the changes until he/she hits send/receive, update folder etc.

the calendar updates appear almost immediately for the 2010 mailboxes, and I can easily replicate the "issue" with any other 2007 user.

to be honest, I have a strong suspicion that 2007 simply does not support the "push update" type functionality but havent found anything yet to back it up.

availability service is working fine, the 2007 environment while under significant load is still ok. can anyone tell me if I'm correct re 2007 functionality limitation?

thanks in advance :)

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the following settings in Outlook:

1. Open Outlook, click File > Account Settings > Account Settings.

2. Click Change and check whether Use Cached Exchange Mode is checked.

3. Click More Settings > Advanced tab. Confirm if use Cached Exchange Mode is checked and Download shared folders is checked.

4. Please uncheck use Cached Exchange Mode and Download shared folders.

5. Click Apply > OK > Next > Finish.

Then check whether the changes in shared calendar is updated automatically or not for Exchange 2007 mailbox.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:51 AM
  • Thanks Winnie but I've already been through that with the desktop engineers and it makes no difference.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:36 PM