none
Nokia wiki to TechNet Wiki migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I've just discovered that all nokia developper wiki article have been migrated to TechNet Wiki.

Unfortunately, picture and zip file haven't been migrated. For example my article here : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/27389.windows-phone-memory-efficient-navigation-in-very-high-resolution-images-on-windows-phone.aspx

So more, i haven't a list of all my article.

Is it possible to get the list of all my article? and get all original picture to recreate all article correctly?

Last question, how can i re-associate my articles with my technet account? I've read i need to recreate a new article and tag the migrated article "Candidate for Deletion". Is it correct?

thanks.

yan

ps: my nokia wiki name is yan_

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:01 PM

Answers

• I believe the "best" solution would be to create a new Wiki, copy your content into it, then mark the migrated version for deletion. A few points:

• Wiki article titles must be unique, so you will need a slightly different title.
    • It is recommended that you upload images and then insert. Be patient as this can take awhile, but this is better than linking images from another site.
    • Try to use the default styles and fonts as much as possible. If you copy material from another source, you might gets lots of extra html that references classes not available in the Wiki. Best is to copy text, then use the Wiki editor to add formating where needed. Mostly, this is to specify headings. Code should be inserted using the Format Code Block button.
    • Best not use Internet Explorer 10 or 11, as there are bugs that are difficult to work around.

The Wiki Editor takes getting used to. Be patient, and good luck.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Images and files... I do believe they're up now: Windows Phone: Memory-efficient Navigation in Very High Resolution Images on Windows Phone

Credit, yes, Richard's right. You'll need to create a new article with this content. You can probably copy and paste it from this Wiki page.

Once you have the article created, you can tag the old one as Candidate for Deletion and explain in the comments that you wrote it and created a new version so that you can maintain credit (with link to the new version). Or just create the new article and tell us here. Then we'll delete the old one.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:28 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I believe the "best" solution would be to create a new Wiki, copy your content into it, then mark the migrated version for deletion. A few points:

• Wiki article titles must be unique, so you will need a slightly different title.
    • It is recommended that you upload images and then insert. Be patient as this can take awhile, but this is better than linking images from another site.
    • Try to use the default styles and fonts as much as possible. If you copy material from another source, you might gets lots of extra html that references classes not available in the Wiki. Best is to copy text, then use the Wiki editor to add formating where needed. Mostly, this is to specify headings. Code should be inserted using the Format Code Block button.
    • Best not use Internet Explorer 10 or 11, as there are bugs that are difficult to work around.

The Wiki Editor takes getting used to. Be patient, and good luck.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Images and files... I do believe they're up now: Windows Phone: Memory-efficient Navigation in Very High Resolution Images on Windows Phone

Credit, yes, Richard's right. You'll need to create a new article with this content. You can probably copy and paste it from this Wiki page.

Once you have the article created, you can tag the old one as Candidate for Deletion and explain in the comments that you wrote it and created a new version so that you can maintain credit (with link to the new version). Or just create the new article and tell us here. Then we'll delete the old one.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:28 AM
    Owner