none
Remove Windows 10 Log In Password on Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I have to return my laptop to the manufacturer for repairs. They instructed my to delete the sign in Password. I followed the recommendations on the forum for netplwiz but it didn't work. Looking for other suggestions. 

Thanks.

Michelle

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using Microsoft account to login into your PC?

Are you logging in using Local  account user profile ?

Logging in into your user profile using Microsoft account requires you to enter the password to access the Windows.

If you do not want to use password to login into Windows, create another Local account user, and use the account without entering the password.

Follow the steps below to create a Local user account:

Type Settings in the search box next to Start button, and select the top most search result.

Select Accounts from the options shown in the window.

Click on Family & other users from the left side panel, and click on Add someone else to this PC option under Other Users.

Click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information located at the bottom of the window.

Click on Add a user without a Microsoft Account located at the bottom of the window, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Refer to the below link on Can I sign in to Windows without password? (Applies to Windows 10 also)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:02 AM