none
Project Sharepoint Site 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have users not in my enterprise resource pool that needs access to the project sharepoint site in project server.  How do I give them access?

Friday, August 17, 2012 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Access to Project Sites is controlled by Project Server. If you manually append site security user may gain access to it, howerver when next time project is published by project manager, project data as well as site security  will get updated , as a result any modification done manually will be removed from the site.

Your requirement is for specific site or all the sites?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:17 PM
  • It is for a specific site.  Only our IT department have access to project server however there are people on our business side that needs access to our sharepoint.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 4:51 PM
  •  

Add users in PWA and insert the resources in IT Department project plan, no need to assign task

Save and publish the project plan.

Blog | < | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:35 PM
  • To expand, the only time you would need to assign your business people to a collaboration task is if they also require contributor rights.

Simply being on the project team provides read only viewer rights.

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:50 PM
  • How do you give that to them?
    Monday, August 27, 2012 2:48 PM
  •  

First using PWA>>Server Settings>>Manager Users, add users as TEAM MEMBER

Open the project Plan and using build team using enterprise resources, add users to the project plan

Save and Publish the project plan

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, August 27, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Thanks for the response but these users are not in my active directory sync.
    Monday, August 27, 2012 3:13 PM
  • You can manually add one user for testing purpose. Use manage users page and click on New user link

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, August 27, 2012 3:14 PM