Windows Live Messenger 2009 very slow on loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and as I always do after formating
    I installed Windows Live Messenger 2009 but this time I think there is a problem...
    I dunno if its incompatiility issue with Windows 7 but its very annoying and it cant go on like this
    It pretty much needs about one minute to load anythng (Sign In, Conversation Windows, Emoticons, Winks etc)
    My specs are:
    CPU: Intel Core Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
    Ram: 4,00GB
    GPU: Asus GeForce 285GTX
    All drivers up-to-date
    Internet connection is smooth with everything else
    ...and still the same problem
    I've seen others say that the problem is caused by the Windows Live Call feature and some others say its Adobe Flash issue
    I dont think thats the case, if someone had the same problem and somehow fixed it please share it.

Sorry if my english are wrong/bad and thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,
    I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and as I always do after formating
    I installed Windows Live Messenger 2009 but this time I think there is a problem...
    I dunno if its incompatiility issue with Windows 7 but its very annoying and it cant go on like this
    It pretty much needs about one minute to load anythng (Sign In, Conversation Windows, Emoticons, Winks etc)
    My specs are:
    CPU: Intel Core Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
    Ram: 4,00GB
    GPU: Asus GeForce 285GTX
    All drivers up-to-date
    Internet connection is smooth with everything else
    ...and still the same problem
    I've seen others say that the problem is caused by the Windows Live Call feature and some others say its Adobe Flash issue
    I dont think thats the case, if someone had the same problem and somehow fixed it please share it.

Sorry if my english are wrong/bad and thanks in advance.

I have the same problem and my specs are almost the same as urs. Same with internet explorer.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

I am also using Live messenger but have not come across any such issues so far. There is no compatibility issues of Live messenger 2009 with Windows 7, you can refer below posts -

http://download.live.com/?wa=wsignin1.0 
    http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/10/28/the-complete-windows-experience-windows-7-windows-live.aspx

You may try for the Repair option for Live messenger -

To repair Messenger:

In the notification area on the taskbar (near the clock), click the Messenger icon, and then click Exit.
    1. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Under Currently installed programs, click Windows Live Messenger, and then click Change.
    4. Click Repair.
    However, here is the link, which you can refer for contacting  Windows Live Messenger support

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!8B3F39C76A8B853F!15939.entry

Hope above helps.

Pooja Katiyar
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, November 20, 2009 3:02 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 3:52 PM
  • The issue that I have discovered is that while Windows Live Messenger supports 64-bit - Adobe Flash player does NOT - and many of the features of Live Messenger rely heavily on Flash to operate properly. Adobe says that they are working on a 64-bit version of Flash Player but they aren't in any sort of hurry because, in their mind, there is no need for people to be using 64-bit for things like messaging and browsing.
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:15 PM