ADFS 2016 configure to use Azure MFA and Third party MFA RRS feed

• Question

• HI we will like to do Azure MFA for a portion of our users and for the other portion use a Third Party MFA. Can we configure ADFS 2016 to use Azure MFA if the user is enable for it or if not the third party MFA?

Judy

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:02 PM

All replies

• Howdie!

Does that other MFA provider allow for ADFS-integration (do they provide a plug-in)? If so, by default users can choose on their own, what MFA they want to go through, if multiple MFA providers are available.

Is that to enforce identity verification for Office 365 - or other applications as well?

Thanks,

Florian

The views and opinions expressed in my postings do NOT necessarily correlate with the ones of my friends, family or my employer. Let's give the thread opener a chance to mark an answer themselves.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:09 PM
  • Hi

Yes the other MFA provider allows for ADFS integration.  This is to enforce identity verification for Office 365.  Is there a way to do it without the user being prompted?   If ADFS sees that MS MFA is enabled then use it if not then prompt for the other MFA.

Thanks

Judy

Judy

Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:14 PM
  • Hi Judy!

Detection is difficult. ADFS is capable of allowing two MFA providers and the user can choose their preference of which of the two MFA providers they want. 

In addition, if users have not yet enrolled for MFA, Azure will ask the user to register.

Thanks,

Florian

The views and opinions expressed in my postings do NOT necessarily correlate with the ones of my friends, family or my employer. Let's give the thread opener a chance to mark an answer themselves.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:51 PM