exchange 2007 room permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a user that can access to all calendars of all rooms even if it shoudn't.

I checked the following permission.

From Exchange console:

- full access permission of the room

- send as permission of the room

From the room using Outlook:

- Mailbox permission

- Calendar permissiom

- Delegates

According to what I checked  the user doesn't have any permission on the room and doesn't belong to any group having permission.

I tried another user that shoud have same permission and it cannot access.

Is there any other check I can do?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:09 PM

Answers

• Finally I found the issue.

Permission are correct but Outlook doens't work well if I open move from one profile to another on the same computer and with a different account from the one I want to open.

Accessing with the right account and with only profile everything's right....

Regards

• Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:33 PM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:13 AM

All replies

• Try running cmdlet Get-MailboxCalendarSettings from Exchange Management Shell to see what the settings are. Use Set-MailboxCalendarSettings to change what is visible.

Friday, February 15, 2013 3:35 PM
  • I just obtain this row (I use [roomname] instead of the true room name) :

I think it confirms there is no delegation /special permission. Am I correct?

Identity                                                     AutomateProcessing
    --------                                                     ------------------
    [roomname]                                                     AutoAccept

Friday, February 15, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Hi Alberto,

How does this problematic user access to Room mailbox where he/she should have no permission? It would help us better understand the issue you are encountering.

Besides, are you using RBAC? Does this problematic user belong to any OU or Role group?

Thanks.  

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 18, 2013 7:42 AM
  • The user doesn't belong to any group except domain users. I didn't set anything in RBAC (can i do it with exchange 2007?)
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Finally I found the issue.

Permission are correct but Outlook doens't work well if I open move from one profile to another on the same computer and with a different account from the one I want to open.

Accessing with the right account and with only profile everything's right....

Regards

• Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:33 PM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:13 AM