svchost.exe (netsvcs) is killing the memory in my laptop. RRS feed

• Question

• svchost.exe (netsvcs) that damn service is consuming all of my memory upon awake for about 30 minutes There No information available on the internet on how to deal with this situation.  There are recommendations to add more memory.  I was advised to use a tool called processor explorer - found it have no idea what it telling me.

Help me, I love Laptop but I can't use it for about 20 minutes and it kills me.

My request is a wild guess and I guess this to way I get to use my Laptop for now on?

FYI`

Lenovo Windows 7 pro home

Processor Intel P6100 @ 2.00 Ghz

4.00 GB

64-bit

Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:09 AM

Answers

• Use Process Monitor and Process Explorer from Sysinternals to catch more detailes of problem process.

Sometims there is very intensive test by antivirus/antimalware program that test content after start. Another alternative is download or malware. It is very hard to guess the origin without any relevant detailes.

M.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Many people are having this problem. Apparently there is a hotfix on the way.

See: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4a782e40-bbd8-40b7-869d-68e3dfd1a5b4/windows-update-scan-high-memory-usage?forum=w7itproperf
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:47 AM

All replies

• In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, April 25, 2015 2:07 AM
  • Use Process Monitor and Process Explorer from Sysinternals to catch more detailes of problem process.

Sometims there is very intensive test by antivirus/antimalware program that test content after start. Another alternative is download or malware. It is very hard to guess the origin without any relevant detailes.

M.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Many people are having this problem. Apparently there is a hotfix on the way.

See: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4a782e40-bbd8-40b7-869d-68e3dfd1a5b4/windows-update-scan-high-memory-usage?forum=w7itproperf
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:47 AM