Help on configuring Caller ID to show a different name in Skype for Business 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We use Skype for Business 2015 on-prem as our VOIP system with Polycom phones. What I want to do is we have a team here that needs to make outbound calls to people, but they are calling on behalf of another company. We would want to be able to have the call show out as the company they are calling on behalf of. Is there a way to change this in Skype for Business 2015, and if so can you give me some steps to follow?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please kindly note the caller ID could only be changed in SFB online environment, and isn't available in SFB server 2015.

Caller Id could be specified with three types, Anonymous, service and LinUri. You could use New-CsCallingLineIdentity -CallingIDSubstitute parameter to specify an alternate Caller ID.

Here you could find more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/what-are-calling-plans-in-office-365/set-the-caller-id-for-a-user

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, April 15, 2019 10:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeff at Frank Monday, April 15, 2019 3:08 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Only possibility is to have an SBC (Like Audiocodes Mediant) that connects to the sip trunk of the company you are calling behalf of. You are not allowed to spoof number that do not belong to your company.

Then you can manipulate the outgoing number for that trunk to call with the ID of the other company.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please kindly note the caller ID could only be changed in SFB online environment, and isn't available in SFB server 2015.

Caller Id could be specified with three types, Anonymous, service and LinUri. You could use New-CsCallingLineIdentity -CallingIDSubstitute parameter to specify an alternate Caller ID.

Here you could find more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/what-are-calling-plans-in-office-365/set-the-caller-id-for-a-user

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Only possibility is to have an SBC (Like Audiocodes Mediant) that connects to the sip trunk of the company you are calling behalf of. You are not allowed to spoof number that do not belong to your company.

Then you can manipulate the outgoing number for that trunk to call with the ID of the other company.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:28 AM