Auto reply using Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a general mailbox that we would like to have auto-reply to all messages using a template.  Is it true that this can only operate as a client-rule and Outlook would need to be running for this mailbox in order for the auto-replies to work?

If so, are there any alternatives?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• The alternative is to not use a template, but just use a generic message. Auto replies, which personally I don't implement as I consider them a risk to the operation of the server, are basically a rule. That means you are restricted on the space and what can be done with them. Anything that requires the message to be "read" will need to be done with Outlook.

A third party tool might be able to do something different for you.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

If you use Outlook rule to auto-reply to all messages using a template, you also need to configure remote domains: go to EMC->Organization Configuration->Hub Transport->Remote Domains->right click Default>click Properties->select ‘Allow automatic replies’->Apply.

For more, you can refer to the link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/automatically-reply-to-messages-HA010248748.aspx

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sophia Xu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:01 AM