none
Oracle Database MA Error - MIM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Using the built-in Oracle database connector on a fresh install of MIM 2016 Sync and trying to connect with data on the Connect to Database property sheet. I get this error.

"Could not find any resource appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Microsoft.DirectoryServices.MetadirectoryServices.UI.PropertySheetBase.MMSErrorMessage.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into the assembly "PropertySheetBase" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

A subsequent pop up says that a parameter cannot be null but we are filling in all of the essential information.

On the same box, I have confirmed we can connect to the server using tnsping and can log on successfully and query the table using Oracle command line client sqlplus with same credentials. Server is 11g and latest Oracle client is installed.

Anyone know of a solution or a workaround?

Mike

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:46 AM

All replies

• Michael typically I have seen this due to incorrect path to the table you want to connect to. If the account your using to connect has been granted rights but is not the owner of the table

We need to direct the Oracle client(FIM/MIM MA) to the {SCHEMA OWNER}.TABLE.

A good way to test this is open oracle designer or toad and see if the table or view your trying to connect to is in the default view of the user provided by name if not then you need to specify the path

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to sort it out by wrapping the schema and view names in double quotes:

"schema"."viewname"

Feel free to mark this as resolved.

Mike Liben

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:52 AM
  • I had the same issue and ended up using the Generic SQL MA.

Will definitely give this a try!

Thanks,

Francois

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:12 PM