composite module RRS feed

• Question

• Since Write Action Module only takes one input, are there anyways that I can
    merge multiple datasource outputs into a single stream by defining a
    composite module (DataSource, ConditionDetection or WriteAction)? How?

I do not need to manupolate the data. Simple merge is good for me.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks.

Friday, May 29, 2009 4:45 PM

Answers

• You may want to take this over to the Cross Plat forum - since it sounds like a how to to author specific monitoring rules for one of the crossplat MP's.

The guys who are the crossplat experts live over there.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:53 AM
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• Since Write Action Module only takes one input, are there anyways that I can
    merge multiple datasource outputs into a single stream by defining a
    composite module (DataSource, ConditionDetection or WriteAction)? How?

I do not need to manupolate the data. Simple merge is good for me.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks.

Which data source modules do you want to use to get the data?
    Friday, May 29, 2009 6:43 PM
  • Can you please elaborate on this statemenet? Since Write Action Module only takes one input
    It is implementation of particular module which decides how many inputs it has
    Marius Sutara
    My MSDN blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Friday, May 29, 2009 9:00 PM
  • I am looking for a resolution independent of the specific data source modules. However the data modules I am looking at now are mostly Microsoft.Unix.SCXLog.Datasource.

Friday, May 29, 2009 10:25 PM
  • I am looking at the MP level where each Write Action Module can only take one input type from other modules. I guess that you are talking about the implementation of the write action module where one can define as many inputs as one wants to. 

On http://www.authormps.com/dnn/MPSchema/TypeDefinitions/ModuleTypes/tabid/66/Default.aspx, this is how they describe it:

Write Action Module Type  

The write source module type defines no additional attributes to the common attributes for all module types.  It requires a single input type to be declared an optionally an output type.

Friday, May 29, 2009 10:30 PM
  • You may want to take this over to the Cross Plat forum - since it sounds like a how to to author specific monitoring rules for one of the crossplat MP's.

The guys who are the crossplat experts live over there.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:53 AM
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:51 PM