locked
Incoming Emails are not working for few document libraries in SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Everybody,

    Incoming email settings are configured in SharePoint 2007 SP1 server. Many document libraries are mail enabled.

    Issue is, the documents are getting delivered to only few document libraries, all document libraries are configured with same settings.

    Sender has permissions on document libraries. Mails are coming to SMTP drop folder of WFE server. Few mails are getting delivered. Few are causing problem, not getting delivered.

    Event Viewer and Share Point logs are showing the below error.

    Event Id 6873 (Warning): An error occurred while processing the incoming e-mail file C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Drop\ID.eml. The error was: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource..

    SharePoint logs also showing same error.

    Mail sender has permission on document library and the account on which Timer service is running has Modify permissions on the DROP folder.

    Y this wired behavior? any one got same issue? How to resolve this?

     

    ---------------------

    Thanks & Regards

    V235

     

     

     

    Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:58 AM

Answers

  • Hi All,

     

    I m able to solve it. The issue is end users are sending mails with out attachment, while is the settings library is configured with SAVE ATTACHMENT ONLY. By changing the library settings to Save Original Email option also, mails are getting deliver successfully.

     

    --------------------

    Cheers

    V235

    Friday, December 24, 2010 9:58 AM

All replies

  • Hi All,

     

    I m able to solve it. The issue is end users are sending mails with out attachment, while is the settings library is configured with SAVE ATTACHMENT ONLY. By changing the library settings to Save Original Email option also, mails are getting deliver successfully.

     

    --------------------

    Cheers

    V235

    Friday, December 24, 2010 9:58 AM
  • We were also experiencing this issue, but it was as a result of using a third party tool AvePoint DocAve to promote a Sub Site to a Site Collection.  Once the Document Library, inside of the Sub Site, was moved we removed the email address from the original Doc Lib.  Users were noting that the new Doc Lib, in the Site Collection, was not receiving emails anymore.

    The original Document Library, in the Sub Site, did not keep the original emails and the new Document Library, in the Site Collection, was set up that way too.  So, we went into the new Doc Lib and set it to keep the original emails.  We tested it and the Doc Lib started receiving emails again.  We then removed the reverted the keep original emails option back to No, as a result of the group not wanting them, and it continued to work.

    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:19 PM