scsm security Review Activity Voting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can you make it so that only users linked to one user role can vote for review activitys?
    At the moment, anyone can do so, even though they are not added to the reviewer-list on the activity-form.

Greetings,

Saulius

SCSM-apprentice
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:12 AM

Answers

• From my experience I do not have this issue.

This is what I do,

In the change request template that is being used I add a Review Activity to the activities as part of the template and assign the review activity to a specific person.

Then as part of my workflow, an e-mail is fired off the "review activity" reviewer.

So, an example.

I create a "Change to Active Directory software change template"

Populate certain fields such as Area and Impact and the like.... on the "General" tab.

Then on the Activities tab, I added a "Default Review Activity" and named it according like "Active Directory Software Change approval Request" and assign the required reviewers there.

Once the change is logged, a workflow then sends a link to the reviewers via e-mail.

To date, I have had no issues at all and ONLY the people who are meant to review the change are able to review and approve the change from the console or analyst web portal.

I found the below post, very helpful.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/06/08/automatically-sending-notifications-to-reviewers.aspx

Hope this helps,

F.

Friday, October 28, 2011 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would just like to confirm that I am understanding correctly.

With a change, you want to make sure that only certain people can review the change and Approve it.

Am I reading this correctly?

Friday, October 28, 2011 6:52 AM
  • Absolutely correct, and these people are not always the ones that created the change.

Greetings

SCSM-apprentice
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:54 AM
  • From my experience I do not have this issue.

This is what I do,

In the change request template that is being used I add a Review Activity to the activities as part of the template and assign the review activity to a specific person.

Then as part of my workflow, an e-mail is fired off the "review activity" reviewer.

So, an example.

I create a "Change to Active Directory software change template"

Populate certain fields such as Area and Impact and the like.... on the "General" tab.

Then on the Activities tab, I added a "Default Review Activity" and named it according like "Active Directory Software Change approval Request" and assign the required reviewers there.

Once the change is logged, a workflow then sends a link to the reviewers via e-mail.

To date, I have had no issues at all and ONLY the people who are meant to review the change are able to review and approve the change from the console or analyst web portal.

I found the below post, very helpful.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/06/08/automatically-sending-notifications-to-reviewers.aspx

Hope this helps,

F.

Friday, October 28, 2011 7:11 AM
  • I'll test it out later today. Many thanks already.

Greetings

SCSM-apprentice
    Friday, October 28, 2011 7:18 AM