Windows KB Failed to uninstall properly - Cant install again RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am having issues with uninstalling a KB:

We were having issues with Skype so that prompted me to uninstall KB3114351. I used the command wusa /uninstall /kb:3114351 /quiet /norestart

This has completely mucked it up:

The command has removed the update from Control Panel so that believes it has gone. cant search for it.  

When i try and reinstall the update i get the error: The update is already installed on the system. 

So now the update is half there. I have been through the reg and cleared out all remnants of the update but it still thinks it there. 

Wsus also thinks its still there as it wont pull the update back down. 

Is there a place that windows update looks to see if an update is still there if so where do i remove it from? 

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks!

MJ

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to use the command below to check the updates installed on the system:

dism /online /get-packages

If the update is still on the system, please use the following command to remove it:

dism /online /remove-package /PackageName:The name of the update you find in the output of the command above

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the reply. 

Unfortunately the KB is not listed when running dism. 

Do you have any other ideas. 

Thanks again. 

MJ

Monday, January 25, 2016 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

>>Unfortunately the KB is not listed when running dism.

It seems that the information of this update has been removed from the client.

I've seen a similar issue in a case. When we remove some updates from the computer, some files won't be rollback to the older version. When we install these updates again, the installation process detects the new files, which causes this issue.

Please try to reproduce the issue and check if there is anything in the CBS log.

Best Regards. 

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:49 AM