none
caps lock on screen notification

Question

• hi I updated my windows 10 and its turned on the on screen notification for caps lock/number lock , I have searched the web all night trying to find a way of turning it off but so far no good , I have an acer pc and they don't have an answer on their forums etc that's worked , anyone tell me how to turn it off and for good its so annoying :)
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi kaleem123,

For caps lock on screen notification issue, different manufacturers may have different settings. Based on my search, in Acer laptops the program is called LaunchManager Application. We could disable it.

Or Look for Launch Manager.

Right click icon then 'Open Containing Folder'.

(Should be c:\Program Files(x86)\LaunchManager)

Open subfolder 'OSDRC'.

Delete the files CapsLock_On.png and CapsLock_Off.png.

Meanwhile, I find that maybe Acer Windows 10 systems use a program called Acer Quick Access to display a caps lock. Please refer to the link below to follow the steps.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41413/~/disable-the-on-screen-caps-lock-and-numlock-indicator-in-windows-10

For the caps lock issue, we could check the registry. Please refer to the link below about how to disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 7, 8, 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-caps-lock-key-in-windows-vista/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 12, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Hi kaleem123,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.
    If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:58 AM