none
Microsoft XPS Document Writer print to file box is Unchecked & I am un able to check it! RRS feed

• Question

• When I Go to print a page from a program online I'll click print, then the print/printer selection screen opens & I select the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.  However the print to file box is Unchecked & I am un able to check it!
      Up until a few day ago this was not a problem and I have saved MANY print to files, but now has become an Issue!
       I did a system restore back a few weeks, Well before this started and the restore did not change anything!

I AM running Windows 7 64 bit on an Acer Aspire 5741Z Laptop
    Intel Pentium cpu 1.87GHz
    4.00 GB Ram

& IE 11

Please help & advise mme on this Issue!

Bruce 

Another thing I JUST noticed is that I just highlighted a section of a forum page & right clicked on it and selected print preview & it basically just show a blank page in the preview !!

However I can save a doc saved on my comp!
    • Edited by Auto5starz Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:43 PM
    Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

try

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Do not save encrypted files to disk".

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Include with your questions links to any web sites you are having problems with.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:18 AM
  • Hi Auto5starz,

For the printer issue ,please take the following steps to have a check :

1. Run the tool in the link to have a check

Troubleshoot printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help#fix-printer-problems=windows-7&v1h=win8tab2&v2h=win7tab3&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

2.Clear the spooler cache to have a check .

a. Search “Service.msc” and navigate to “Printer Spooler” service and stop it.

b. Look for this folder "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" and delete all files in it.

c. Restart “Printer Spooler” service.

3.Update the printer driver or reinstall it ,you may need to download the manufacturer driver for it.

For the second issue ,apart from Rob`s suggestion ,please reset the Internet Explorer to have a check .( Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>Reset)

Best regards

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:23 AM