none
Office 2013 Activation Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Within my environment, all of my current AppV packages have their COM MODE set to 'Isolated'.  I don't have any issues, including Office 2010 which activates and operates as expected.  I use an enterprise KMS server to activate as needed.

I have an Office 2013 Click-to-run created AppV package.  When I add and publish this to my client, Office activates without issue.  However, when I add it to a Connection Group, the CG addition won't work, because there is a COM MODE mismatch between Office 2013 and the other apps.  It turns out that Office 2013's default COM MODE is 'Integrated'.

So courtesy of a Dynamic Deployment Config, I set the COM MODE of Office 2013 (and Out of process etc etc) to match with my other applications.  Now, Office 2013 and other applications via a CG add and publish fine.  However, Office now fails to activate.

When I launch an app, I'm asked to 'Sign into Office to activate' when COM is 'Isolated'.  When I set COM to 'Integrated' I can launch an app and see that Office is activated correctly, however, I can't use it in a connection group.

How can I get Office to activate?

Regards

Saturday, July 27, 2019 2:00 AM

All replies

• App-V Office 2013 should have the default settings to work correct as said by the documentation.

So you should instead change your other cg packs to match those settings. 

• Edited by Arne Johansen Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Arne Johansen Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:59 PM
    Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:32 PM
  • There are multiple reasons why the App-Ved Office C2R packages need to be set to integrated.
    So as Arne stated, change all you packages to integrated. 

Roy Essers

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 2:25 PM