Clipboard System Tray Icon Disappears Despite Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Following the instructions here (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/copy-and-paste-multiple-items-by-using-the-office-clipboard-HA010163602.aspx) I activated/enabled the system tray clipboard icon as displayed below.

(For what its worth: We don't want the Clipboard task pane open in the Office applications so I've unchecked the first two boxes: 'Show Office Clipboard Automatically' and 'Show Office Clipboard when CTRL + C Pressed Twice' & checked 'Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard' to correct that.  Still, it doesn't seem to matter whether or not those are checked - the problem persists.)

Yet, when I click the little 'X' on the clipboard pane, the system tray clipboard icon also disapppears.

• I've tried from Outlook & Word and the results are the same.
    • It doesn't matter if I have just one Office application (e.g.: Outlook only) or multiple Office applications open (e.g.: Word & Outlook etc)
    • Also doesn't seem to make a difference if I make the change in Word or Excel versus Outlook or PowerPoint.

Is this a misconfiguration?

Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:26 AM

All replies

• Has anyone figured out how to make this work?  I am also encountering the same issue.  Please advise.
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:17 PM