Battery RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP 311 mini netbook. I recently upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium.  The battery icon now has a red X. When I click on it I get a message it says "No battery detected". How do I get the computer to recognize the battery?

Thank you

Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please firstly make sure that the battery driver is installed and the BIOS and chipset are updated.

Also, what about shut the computer down, remove the battery, leave the battery out for at least ten minutes, then reinsert the battery and boot the computer back up?

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, October 7, 2011 2:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please firstly make sure that the battery driver is installed and the BIOS and chipset are updated.

Also, what about shut the computer down, remove the battery, leave the battery out for at least ten minutes, then reinsert the battery and boot the computer back up?

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, October 7, 2011 2:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:52 AM
  • I will try that but it 3 years old maybe it is time
    Monday, September 28, 2015 12:48 PM