CM2012 client install failure RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

We have a machine that refuses to co-operate when we attempt to install the CM2012 client agent.

Its current status is as follows:

It is a w2k8 server. It is currently a CM2007 client. It successfully generates hardware and software inventory every day. Nothing in the client logfiles suggests there are any problems. I have run a port query and the client can talk to all the necessary ports on both our CM2007 and CM2012 systems.

I first attempted to send a CM2012 client agent package from CM2007 (this package has successfully installed the CM2012 agent on loads of machines). There is nothing in the client logfiles to say it knows anything about this package. The only error I get is the CM2007 status which states "Client failed to download policy. The data transfer service returned "Error downloading data" (-2147023838)". There is nothing in the event viewer on the client either.

I then attempted a client push from our CM2012 system. The only thing that appears on the client is the mobileclient.tcf files in the ccmsetup folder. In the CM2012 system I get a status error "Client Configuration Manager cannot connect to the machine "xxxx". The operating system reported error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

Anyone have any ideas? That last error suggests that it somehow cannot create the ccmsetup service necessary to install the client agent. What might prevent that?

Thanks

David Z

Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:22 PM

Answers

• Are you able to push any other packages to that client ? Please check DataTransferService.log

If i wanted to guess, i would say BITS might cause such issues

-Pranav

Friday, March 8, 2013 1:04 AM

All replies