Sharepoint Server 2010 installation on TFS 2010 running WSS RRS feed

• Question

• We are using TFS 2010 with the MSF Agile v5 template. I installed TFS on a single server with pretty much the default settings and used the WSS portal and dashboards that came with it. We moved over all the documents from our old Sharepoint site and I manually moved the wiki pages over. Everything was running fine.

Management wanted to make use of some of the dashboards that they had seen online that needed MOSS, so I installed Sharepoint 2010 on the TFS server. It all went fine, except that the previous WSS portal and administration site no longer run. Both had config errors, and required their Application pools changed to integrated rather than classic (according to the error message). Now both produce 500 errors, and I can't track down what is causing it.

I have tried just moving forward with Sharepoint 2010 but I cannot produce a working portal site with that either as it complains that there is an existing site.

I have a Default Site that produces a 500 error, a Sharepoint - 80 site that produces a 404 error (both of which are bound to port 80 so I can only run them one at a time), a Sharepoint Central Administration v3 site that produces a 500 error, a Sharepoint Central Administration v4 site that runs OK but cannot complete the creation of the new site, a Sharepoint Web Services site that has a question mark on it which I cannot work out, and a Team Foundation Server site that works OK.

Any help to either get back to the WSS portal whilst trying to work out how best to move forward with Sharepoint 2010, or setting up the new Sharepoint 2010 portal and migrating the content over from the old sharepoint site, would be gratefully received. 

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:27 AM