Skype for Business (ver 6.25.0.27) android app won't login in OnePlus devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Seems there is a little chatter about this only on OnePlus forums. So here's the scenario.

Issue: Sfb app on my OnePlus 7T is hung on "Signing In" screen endlessly.

Troubleshooting: To isolate the scenario, I tested the mobility on an iPhone and another Android device (Samsung M30+) and Skype for Business application logs in correctly.

So we can conclude the DNS/Reverse-Proxy is correctly set up. The issue only appears on OnePlus devices (earlier i thought it was an issue with Android 10/Q, but had one more user confirm it who is on Android Pie and using an older OnePlus model, while I personally face it for 7T). Used Fiddler on my machine to proxy the phone traffic and I see web external URL's correctly when I use a Samsung device. But the mobile client hits no web ext URL's when I test it via OnePlus. To make things even weirder, Lync 2010 (for some reason it is still in Play store, God bless) is also able to login. I see the MCX URLs and what not. So what is up with Sfb App only on OnePlus?

OS ver: Oxygen OS - 10.3.0.HD65AA

Sfb ver: 6.25.0.27 (Udated on July 24, 2019 as checked on app info. in PlayStore)

Skype for Business is On Premise - 2015

Regards,

Shashank

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Shashank

Are there any error messages in your device when you log in Skype for Business?

Indeed, it is so strange that this issue seems only happened in OnePlus device.

I also tried to search if there are any useful information related to this issue but didn’t find anything.

In order to make sure if this issue persist in android 10. I did a test in my Mix2S(Android 10), it can work well.  Skype for Business version is the same as yours.

Beside, we recommend you make user switch between Wi-Fi and 3G to determine whether the issue  can be scoped to one kind of connection. . If sign in continues to fail on a 3G data connection, although the CNAME DNS records are configured, it may be an issue with the cellular service provider’s data connection.

For more details about issues with Skype for Business for Android, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/server-mobile-devices/issues-for-android#troubleshoot-auto-detect

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:01 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

Yes, of course, I had switched networks. I got a response from someone and I might have a solution as well. But still, it'd help if you can actually replicate this scenario with a OnePlus 6T/7T device. I'll share soon if the solution shared by someone helped me or not.

You mentioned online reference. I tried to post it here but I can't since my account is not verified yet. Can you help me with that too? (  Link : forums.oneplus.com/threads/skype-for-business-access.1168341/  )

The message I see on my screen after providing the username/password is "Signing In". It loads and loads and never stops.

Regards,

Shashank

Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:47 PM
  • Hi Shashank,

I understand what you said but we don't have a OnePlus 6T/7T device so I cannot replicate your scenario to make sure this issue. Thanks for your understanding!

I also read your thread in OnePlus forum and as GAV said, this may be one of the reasons for this issue. But it’s strange that in our test android 10 can support Skype for Business for Android well. Maybe you can try to change another version of Skype for Business Android and see if it works.

Hope everything goes well!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 17, 2020 10:19 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:15 AM