What is the future of Azure?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a ASP.Net developer with 2 years of experience, now I am planning to migrate to Azure, is it a right time to change. What is the future of Azure. I don't see many recruitments for Azure now. Can any one help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Karthik

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:32 AM

Answers

• That is a complicated question.

Windows Azure is a deployment platform for applications. Knowing the platform can be advantageous, but even more important IMHO is archectural approaches that cloud forces us to start considering. It changes the way we approach certain problems and these lessons are the ones that I feel will benefit us most in the future.

That said, if I were you, I'd look at what's in your local market. Pick something that you feel is going to best allow you to reach your professional goals (whatever those may be).

• Proposed as answer by Robbin Cremers Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by karthikpk Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:43 AM
  • You either are in front or at the end. Choice is yours, but I'd prefer to be at the front of a new revolution. If you search for Cloud Computing, you'll see how important people think this will become and you can also online find how much Microsoft has been investing into the cloud computing story.

I suppose they wouldn't be investing this much into it if they didn't believe it would be a success story ...

You will find recruitments more and more where they will be looking for cloud computing skills. You already see those appear more and more now, even though the era of cloud computing has just lifted off.

Besides learning Windows Azure is not migrating, it's just learning a set of skills on top of your current skills. The things you learned in ASP.NET will still apply for your Windows Azure web applications, except for a few details like diagnostics and session state.

Be nice to nerds ... Chances are you'll end up working for one!

• Edited by Robbin Cremers Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:44 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:41 AM
  • Hello Karthik,

Windows Azure is Platform as a service also Software as a Service

Highlighting features are >

1) Reduced cost of infrastructure to create new servers, Pay as you use and can reduce cost to manage it.

2) High availability and load balancing with least downtime.

I will tell you as a developer how it will help >

1) You can develope your application in any language and can host it here on cloud.

2) you can sell your softwares developed by you.

There are many big organizations including NASA, Fujitsu, canon, Volvo and many big names using it.

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards

• Proposed as answer by Mahesh Bhoop Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:53 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:53 PM

All replies

• You either are in front or at the end. Choice is yours, but I'd prefer to be at the front of a new revolution. If you search for Cloud Computing, you'll see how important people think this will become and you can also online find how much Microsoft has been investing into the cloud computing story.

I suppose they wouldn't be investing this much into it if they didn't believe it would be a success story ...

You will find recruitments more and more where they will be looking for cloud computing skills. You already see those appear more and more now, even though the era of cloud computing has just lifted off.

Besides learning Windows Azure is not migrating, it's just learning a set of skills on top of your current skills. The things you learned in ASP.NET will still apply for your Windows Azure web applications, except for a few details like diagnostics and session state.

Be nice to nerds ... Chances are you'll end up working for one!

• Edited by Robbin Cremers Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:44 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:41 AM
  • That is a complicated question.

Windows Azure is a deployment platform for applications. Knowing the platform can be advantageous, but even more important IMHO is archectural approaches that cloud forces us to start considering. It changes the way we approach certain problems and these lessons are the ones that I feel will benefit us most in the future.

That said, if I were you, I'd look at what's in your local market. Pick something that you feel is going to best allow you to reach your professional goals (whatever those may be).

• Proposed as answer by Robbin Cremers Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:43 AM
  • Hello Karthik,

Windows Azure is Platform as a service also Software as a Service

Highlighting features are >

1) Reduced cost of infrastructure to create new servers, Pay as you use and can reduce cost to manage it.

2) High availability and load balancing with least downtime.

I will tell you as a developer how it will help >

1) You can develope your application in any language and can host it here on cloud.

2) you can sell your softwares developed by you.

There are many big organizations including NASA, Fujitsu, canon, Volvo and many big names using it.

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards

• Proposed as answer by Mahesh Bhoop Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:53 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:53 PM