none
SCOM R2 Web Console RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I just installed the SCOM R2 Web Console on a dedicated machine separate from our MGMT and RMS servers. We are able to access the site full functionality with an

issue. I am curious to find out where do we apply restrictions to whom can and cannot access the console? Is this not available when the web console is not installed

a MGMT or RMS server?

thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Primom,

Open the Operations console ....go to Administration......go to User Role under security.... go to Operators....create a new Operator Role...Add the Users or the Group to get the access to the web console.. hope this helps.

Cheers.

-Vrkuamr01

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi, you use the same roles in the web console as in the normal operations manager console. so if you see womething in the console, you will see it in the web console too. Or you want to block some people from using the web console? That could be done on IIS level.
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:31 PM
  • Hi Anders,

I appreciate your reply, yes we would like the capabilities to block users and or groups from accessing the web console.

are there clear steps to do this via IIS?

thanks,

Matt

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Hi Primom,

Open the Operations console ....go to Administration......go to User Role under security.... go to Operators....create a new Operator Role...Add the Users or the Group to get the access to the web console.. hope this helps.

Cheers.

-Vrkuamr01

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:34 PM