none
Milestones start and finish dates are reset to the original dates despite updating tasks start/ finish dates and durations RRS feed

• Question

• I was assigned by my project manager to change some of the tasks' names and durations of a project which was updated 5 times so far in the past. Although the tasks dates are correctly modified, as well as milestones start and finish dates change accordingly, when i reopen the file/project the following problems are presented: a) Start and finish dates of the milestones are reverted to original dates of the very first version (this occurs when i open the file from another pc) b) The Start and Finish dates are correct until the moment I press 'refresh' button to re-run the project the milestone dates revert to the original dates of the very first project  (this occurs when i open the file on my pc). So basically any future change on the duration will move back my milestones.

P.s. I have made sure that the Original Start Date of the overall project has remained the same and updates include only Tasks' durations. Also I have checked that all activities/tasks are set to auto schedule

Monday, January 20, 2020 7:25 PM

All replies

• Yiangos --

Do the milestones have dependencies set on them?  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, January 20, 2020 11:08 PM
  • Hello Dale,

Mainly the issue is that after saving changes and reopening the file/project once I test if it still works (playing around with durations and re-run/refresh the project) the work summaries shift back to the original dates (2017) despite the fact the tasks under them remain updated (2020 dates). They basically display the original start date with 0 duration and work summaries as milestones (Since duration is 0).

There are some constraints which haven’t been updated but I don’t see the reason of affecting the project since they are flexible (Start no earlier than) and in reality the project has been exposed to some delays, hence, those constraints shouldn’t affect right?!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:14 AM