none
[UAG SP4] - SSL Application Tunnel, Whats the IP? RRS feed

• Question

• howdy, I have UAG sp4. 

Upon launching a Generic Client Application, the SSL Application Tunnel starts.  It connects successfully, and under "Active Connections" it shows the url and port of the UAG site. I could be mistaken but I thought that was where the tunnel IP  (like 127.0.0.213:8124) showed up before I updated to SP4. Now when I connect I just see the UAG portal URL.

I checked netstat with the SSL Application Tunnel open and closed and can't discern any other addresses it could be.

Thanks!

Lloyd

• Edited by doubleL3 Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:30 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi doubleL3,

You should see the actual tunnel, only when there is some activity inside the tunnel - i.e. only when an application at the client side try to access resource via the tunnel to the internal network - the tunnel will show up in the "active connections". Also, usually you will see the real IP address (backend address) and not the "fake" one (127.0.0.x).

Ophir.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:12 AM
  • Ophir.

Thanks for responding.

So what IP do I point this thick client app at? The internal IP of the server its trying to reach? When I do that it says it can't contact the server. 

Thanks!

Lloyd

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Hi Lloyd,

It depends how you published the application. In most cases you should be able to access with the internal hostname. This address should resolve to a local address (127.0.0.x) which be accessed by the UAG tunnel. If you used socket-forward, you should be able also to access using the internal IP address. You can find if socket-forward is enabled by checking the "system information" on the portal toolbar.

Ophir.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:38 PM