none
Power Query getting errors after update from Excel 2013 to 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Please advise - Recently updated to Office 365 (Excel 2016) and previous worksheet PQ won't work properly.  Keep getting error message shown below.  I'm on a work deadline so response asap is appreciated.

Thank you!  

Unexpected error: Container exit handle fired but exit code could not be found. Error code: -2147467259, Native Error Code: 5.
    Details:
        Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Container exit handle fired but exit code could not be found. Error code: -2147467259, Native Error Code: 5. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Container exit handle fired but exit code could not be found. Error code: -2147467259, Native Error Code: 5. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Container exit handle fired but exit code could not be found. Error code: -2147467259, Native Error Code: 5. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
       at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.OpenProcessHandle(Int32 access)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ContainerProcess.Start()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ContainerProcess.Start()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ProcessContainerFactory.Container..ctor(String exePath, String exitMutexName, Int32 containerId, Int32 maxWorkingSetInMB, ContainerJob job)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ProcessContainerFactory.CreateContainer()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ContainerPoolContainerFactory.CreateContainer()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteEvaluationContainerFactory.CreateContainer()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.CreateContainer()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.BeginGetResult[T](RemoteEvaluation`1 evaluation)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.RemoteEvaluation`1.TryCompleteWithException(Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.BeginGetResult[T](RemoteEvaluation`1 evaluation)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.BeginGetResult(DocumentEvaluationParameters parameters, Action`1 callback)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.LimitedDocumentEvaluatorFactory.Evaluation`1.BeginEvaluation()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.LimitedDocumentEvaluatorFactory.<>c__DisplayClass2.<EvaluationComplete>b__0(Object state)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.GlobalizedThreadPool.<>c__DisplayClass4.<QueueUserWorkItem>b__3(Object s)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.GlobalizedThreadPool.<>c__DisplayClass1.<QueueUserWorkItem>b__0(Object s)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClassa.<CreateWaitCallback>b__8(Object o)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClassa.<CreateWaitCallback>b__9(Object o)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.EvaluationResult2`1.get_Result()
       at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 

Monday, October 30, 2017 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi, so it looks like your version just missed the fix for this issue by a couple of weeks. Can you try updating your version of office (instructions: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Install-Office-updates-2ab296f3-7f03-43a2-8e50-46de917611c5) and see if that helps?

Monday, October 30, 2017 10:59 PM

All replies

• Hi this is Alex from the Power Query team. This looks like it is a known issue that was fixed a little while back, but to confirm that it is the same issue, can you send me the version of Excel you are using? Thanks.
    Monday, October 30, 2017 7:58 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

This is the version on my computer.  I've been talking to one of our engineers and he said that even though I just installed this update, it is probably out-of-date.  

My version is Microsoft Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.7329.1051) 32-bit.

Please advise and thank you again!

Monday, October 30, 2017 8:29 PM
  • Hi, so it looks like your version just missed the fix for this issue by a couple of weeks. Can you try updating your version of office (instructions: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Install-Office-updates-2ab296f3-7f03-43a2-8e50-46de917611c5) and see if that helps?

Monday, October 30, 2017 10:59 PM
  • a little late, but can you tell me the KB update that will fix this? I'm having the same issue. Thank you
    Monday, August 27, 2018 8:47 PM