none
Permissions not always automatically added to Project Site RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with Project Server 2010 that is driving me crazy.

When a new project is created, the Project Site is also created, and most of the time the Project Managers Group is added to the project site's permissions since "Check to automatically synchronize Project Web App users with Project Sites when they are created, when project managers publish projects, and when user permissions change in Project Server. When the check box is cleared, Project Server users are never synchronized with Project Sites." is checked in the Project Site Provisioning Settings

Sometimes, though, the permission are not added. I have spent hours trying to determine the cause of this issue.

Should I look in the ULS logs for an error? What would I bee looking for? Has anyone else seen this behavior? I could just go an manually add the permissions, but it makes NO sense why this doesn't work. When it doesn't it results in a support call.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi there--

You will need to first check in manage queue if the permissions sync job completes after the WSS site is created. If not, Please try to do it manually using the PWA> Server Settings> Project Sites> Select Site & hit Synchronize button & monitor the queue from manage queue.

If you see any specific issue from queue or ULS, Please post it here. We'll try to help.

Thanks,

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:46 AM
  • I agree with Amit, ULS log will be the place where you first start looking for clues.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:47 PM