Content missing after moving Public Folders RRS feed

• Question

• My environment I'm working on exclusively Exchange 2010 SP3.  We are just moving all data from one site to another.  Our last set of data is Public Folders.  Created a new PF DB at new site and then ran the .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script, but the content is not appearing.

I realize I should have first run .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 then let replication occur before moving the replicas.  I have re-run the .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script so now everything is back on original server using original database.  However content is still missing, not all, but most. 

Is there a way to get this back without having to go through backups/recovery?

Monday, February 3, 2014 7:12 PM

Answers

• You have posted in an Exchange 2013 forum.  The Exchange previous versions forums are here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserverlegacy

I agree that you should have used the AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 script instead, but after you run the MoveAllReplicas script, the replication service should not delete the old folder replica until it believes that all content was replicated.

To be sure that the content is really gone, be sure you're connected to the original server's public folders with Outlook and browse the content.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:15 AM

All replies

• You have posted in an Exchange 2013 forum.  The Exchange previous versions forums are here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserverlegacy

I agree that you should have used the AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 script instead, but after you run the MoveAllReplicas script, the replication service should not delete the old folder replica until it believes that all content was replicated.

To be sure that the content is really gone, be sure you're connected to the original server's public folders with Outlook and browse the content.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:15 AM
  • Ed, thanks for the reply.  The databases were already changed to point back to the original PF database, but content was still missing.  

Opened a ticket with MS and they concurred that the data is gone and will have to be restored from backup.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:41 PM