none
GPO filtering - More than one object is selected only one object can be returned

Question

• Hi - I'm not expecting an answer, but I prefer asking anyways ...

I'm filtering a GPO by computer names and I have to add around 100 computers, however I get this exception when I try to add more than one computer at a time "More than one object is selected only one object can be returned"

Do you know if there is a way to get around it ?

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:02 PM

All replies

• Why not use a security group and put those 100 computers into that group? Then scope the GPO to the group. This makes it very easy to bulk add/edit.

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:32 PM
  • I know, it was supposed to be deployed to the whole company then the decision was made to target 100 computers for testing, I think I'm gonna create a security group then delete it later :/ .
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:58 PM
  • Hi,

Would you run the command GPresult /h C:gpresult.html on the computer which is not returned and post the result to us for further research.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 3:35 AM