Pls help me as soon as possible RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Compaq 620 model laptop which is having genuine MS Windows7 OS(Recovery in BIOS) updating frequently.

also having MS Security Essentials updating daily. i didnt encounter any problems since i purchased but recently my lap BIOS got fault so i changed the BIOS. now while i am scanning with MS security essentials my laptop becomes Not Responding i cant even open a single application then i have to shutdown by forcily  switch off the system  switch off the system help me soon to solve this issue

Thanks in advance

Monday, August 13, 2012 11:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally, it need reactivate your Windows 7, but It depends on the respective situation:

Whether or not you can successfully reactivate Windows after changing the motherboard depends on the version of Windows.

If you have an OEM version that came pre-installed on the computer, then the answer is generally no, you will not be able to reactivate. OEM versions are tied to the first system where they are installed and generally a new motherboard is seen as a new computer. This all depends on the how much difference there is between the old and new motherboard.

If you purchased a retail version of Windows, separately and installed it, then you can replace the motherboard and reactivate as many times as you wish. You can even move it to a different computer as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time and reactivate without any problems.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, August 17, 2012 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:30 AM